Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t delete old unused Content Template

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user would like to delete some content templates that were created automatically to be used in views.

Solution:
You can delete these content templates from the database(wp_posts table).

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasG-16 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.57.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 8.58.05 AM.png

I created a view a long time ago and apparently I created a content template for it. The content template is now orphaned. There is no view associated with it.

Please let me know how to delete the content template.

I have spent 3 hours trying to fix this and have read every thread I can find on it. Looks like it's a common problem as there are dozens of threads about it.

Tom

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Tom and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If I understand well, the trash button is not working for you, right? Check this screenshot hidden link
Can you activate PHP debugging and try again, will there be some logs on the debug.log file?
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

Do you have access to the database level? Can you try, after a database backup, deleting the entry in wp_posts tables that has the same ID as the template?

>>>deleting the entry in wp_posts tables that has the same ID as the template?

This worked. Thank you. For the record, the "trash" button is missing on every one of my content templates. I guess that's because they were all created by a view.

Tom

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.