Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't delete Content Templates titled "Loop item in …"

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Woody 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Delete Content Templates (both titled "Loop item in ..." ); there's no checkbox in the "Content Templates" list. I've deleted all Views, Forms and related posts, as well as emptied the trash. I also ran WP-Optimize.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hello,

By default, after you delete the post/user views, Views plugin will delete the related content templates(Loop item in ...) automatically.

In your case, I suggest you check this:
1) Find the content template ID:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Content templates
you can get the content template ID in column "ID", for example it's ID is 123

2) Run with some mysql tools, for example PHPmyadmin, check it in your website database, table "wp_postmeta", run below sql query:

SELECT * FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE `post_id` = 123 AND `meta_key` = '_view_loop_id'

You should be able see one result, remove it and test again.

I suggest you backup your website database first.

I did this on my site and it worked ... however there is one final step where you must manually delete the now accessible "rogue loop" from Content Templates to remove it entirely.

Woody House

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.