Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't create user registration form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ericE-4 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: build my first user registration form. I chose the role to create, and noticed there are no widgets to create the form—instead it says "Please, select an user role before creating a Form". (There's a typo in that message) I save the form and notice the user role I selected is missing, so I select it again and save again. The role has again disappeared. I still can't build the form.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: it's on the back end. Here's a video of the issue: hidden link

I've provided temporary access to the site (expires in 3 days) below. A password or username are not needed.

Hi, when I try to go to /wp-admin using the link you provided above, I see a message "This has been disabled". I'm assuming that means there is a custom wp-admin URL, or something else is going on with the login provided.

At any rate, I see an issue in the video you provided. The dropdown field and checkboxes for roles should not be shown together. Generally this indicates a JavaScript error. Can you open the browser console and check to see if any JavaScript errors are present? If so, please copy + paste those in your next reply for me to review.

Then please follow the standard troubleshooting steps:
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Forms. Activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen or Twenty Twenty. Deactivate any custom code snippets in wp-admin > Toolset > Settings > Custom Code.
- Test the User Form again.
- If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem was not resolved, I'll need to take a closer look.

Please let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Hi Christian...I should have looked for JS errors myself. Sure enough, I had disabled the native Google maps functionality with another plugin and that was the cause of one of the JS errors (why it was affecting the user registration form is a mystery though). After re-enabling Google maps, the form UI is working as expected. It still throws the other error that we saw (hidden link) but that does not seem to affect the UI.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.