Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t add a class to a container

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was not able to save a class in the ID & Classes settings section of the Toolset Container block.

Solution:
You must press the Comma, Space, or the Enter key after you enter the class name.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_-DWZmEyqr1VMRycsH3CGsu1-J2iZRJ/view

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/using-wordpress-block-editor/#applying-custom-css-to-blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to: add a class to a container

Link to a screen recording where the issue can be seen: hidden link

When I add a class to a container, that class isn't saved. When I add an ID, of change a parameter like the background, that IS saved.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Marcel and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I was able to reproduce this issue on a clean install. Let me approach our 2nd tier for further analysis and eventually a patch. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks Jamal, I'll await your response.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hi Marcel.

It seems that it is not really a bug because we need to use "space, comma, or enter" to validate a new class. Then we can save the blocks without issues. Check this screencast, I recorded a short video of my manipulation.
hidden link

I hope this answers your request. Let me know your feedback.

That seems to work indeed 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.