Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot upload new dog on the front end submit page.

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Not sure what happened, but client cannot upload a new dog on the submit page.
I tested it too.
Can you please check to see why.
I need to send you login details

Just to make sure, you can enter all of our info, upload an image, then when you click on submit, nothing is uploaded and it just says the fields are required. hidden link Please delete this link after viewing.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I tested and found the same, but on one attempt I noticed a JS error related to an optimisation cache.

Have you added an optimisation plugin to, for example, concatenate and compress JS?

If you have any such plugins installed, can you try disabling them and then re-testing the form to see it it still has the same problem?

I'll set up a private reply now because we're in different timezones and I may need to get access to your site and this will save a day round-trip of messages.

Nigel
Supporter

I tried some basic debugging on your site, including disabling all non-Toolset plugins and switching theme to twentytwenty, but the problem persisted.

I wanted to check your PHP debug logs but the FTP credentials didn't work, so I'm taking a copy of the site to install locally to see if it still has the problem, where I can debug it.

I'll keep you posted.

ftp is 216.194.164.217

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks, I was able to connect via FTP with that, and turn on debugging and check for errors in the debug logs.

It doesn't show any, though.

I installed your site locally, where it works fine, the issue only happens on your server.

You don't have a staging site as far as I know so we have no alternative but to test on the live site, in that case.

I stripped your site back to a minimal install, with only Types and Forms plugins active and switching to the twentytwenty theme, but the issue persists.

I made a new version of your form using the simple drag and drop editor and added it to a test page ("Toolset"), and that also showed the same issue.

By a process of elimination I confirmed that it is specifically the image fields (either the featured image or the custom image field) that provokes the problem, without them the form submits normally.

But I can't account for why the images won't upload.

I've escalated this so that my colleagues can take a look, too, to see if they can isolate the problem.

I'll let you know what they find.

In the meantime, I'm resetting your site back to normal, but you may notice some temporary changes (e.g. to active plugins) when it is being worked on.

This is one of the reasons why it is good to use a host that includes staging servers.

Nigel
Supporter

My colleague says that he cannot do any more than basic testing on a live site—which I've already exhausted—and needs a staging site to be able to test given that such testing might break things.

Could you speak to your hosting company about creating a staging site?

OK I'll see what they can do. So if it is the server, should I move this site to a new server? Any recommendations? I've used inmotion hosting for a while now.

One more question. The girl that made this a year ago, made a module that I could move the whole system and upload to a new site. Then I heard you couldn't do that anymore due to the blocks, etc. Not sure what that meant. So if I want to just move the toolset set up/plugins, etc. I will try to recreate a new website and upload the toolset part back in if possible. I just don't know how to set all this up.

The host has set up staging if you need that now.
Here is their reply. "Thank you for contacting support. I see that you installed the fostersmaltese.com/ via Softaculous. I've gone ahead and created the staging site for you in a sub folder of the domain in reference.

WordPress Staging has been successfully created at :
hidden link
Administrative URL : hidden link

Softaculous offers a one click staging site generation in the installer. Please read more about that here:
hidden link"

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lisa,

Nigel is on vacation until Monday, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

Thank you for sharing these details and I'll be reviewing them to see if they can be used for further troubleshooting.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Lisa

Waqar was unable to look into this and I'm back now so resuming on this thread.

I looked at your staging site and saw that the submission works after performing a slate of tests.

But then I realised that this is a clone of a different site on a different server than the site with the problems.

This is the site as originally reported with the issue: hidden link

The site you have created a copy of is hidden link at hidden link.

It's similar, but not the same, and doesn't have the same problem, which is a peculiar edge case we've not encountered before.

So to debug it we really need a staging version of the site that actually has the problem, i.e. hidden link

Is that possible?

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.19.55 PM.png

I can now submit puppies to the site. I think I might have duplicated the site at first to be able to move the toolset set up over.
I think the button for Read More is not there now. Is that something easily to add back to the toolset Puppies For Sale page?
I'm attaching a screen shot of her other site that has the Read more button there. I didn't create this set up, so not sure how to add that under the price on the Puppies For Sale page.
Other than that it is working now.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the update and glad that the issue with adding a new dog on the website has been resolved.

I noticed that question about the read more link on puppies for sales page has been answered in a separate ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/pay-now-buttons-are-not-visible/#post-1589505

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and open a new one for each new question or concern.

regards,
Waqar

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Lisa

Let me mark this thread as closed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.