Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upload images error

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When using Types fields a CRED edit/add form, you get

Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the file

Solution:
It's solved with Types 2.2.5

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-10 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Use a CRED form to upload images

I visited this URL: In maintenance mode. Ask me for login.

I expected to see: Image uploaded.

Instead, I got: Error message: "The post was not saved because of the following problem:
Business Logo Please enter a valid URL address pointing to the image file"

Please note that this site is scheduled to go live on 1.1.2017 and we need to resolve this one ASAP.

Thanks guys.

Just a little further info - I have tried to get this to work with all other plugins deactivated and a default theme but the error persists. Thanks.

You will need to apply the latest Updates of our Plugins, as there was a glitch in the code.

We produced an erratum for this issue, but it should be solved with the very last update.
https://toolset.com/errata/types-url-fields-validation-issue-cred-forms/

I see you alreday use Types 2.2.5. it's strange therefore that you still see this issue.

I tested this against the latest Plugins, and can upload the images fine.

In case a fresh install of the Toolset Plugins does not help, can ou let me know if there are any specific settings in that Image Custom Field?

Hi Beda,

I have managed to create a new CRED form that creates a new post without any issues. I made quite a few changes to the form so something seems to have gone awry with that.

I have about twenty forms that all have the same issue so here's hoping I can fix within the form themselves without needing to recreate them all over again because they are all attached to pages etc. I am sure it will work out.

Thanks for your help mate.
Chris.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.