Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot upload images

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: upload images from front end submission page. It just sits there and doesn't try to upload. I can upload it in the backend, but my clients use the submissions form to add and upload images.
Here is the page hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Lisa

I just created a test submission and it worked, and I had a colleague do the same, and it also worked.

I added both a featured image, and an extra photo.

I was submitting the photos as a guest user.

So I also tried when logged-in (the image uploading works differently in the two cases).

Also worked without problem.

Your site seems pretty slow so I guess it is on a cheap hosting, and I imagine you could have problems if people were uploading really large images direct from a hi-res phone camera, for example, but I don't know if that's actually what is happening, because neither myself nor my colleague had any problems submitting content (which I am now deleting).

Thanks so much. This morning I'm able to upload a new puppy with an image. Not sure about last night. I actually just moved from a better server, but the price was really expensive and I actually couldn't see any difference in my sites the way they loaded, etc. Any suggestions when I have a lot of sites to be hosted? They have my memory set to 1G.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

A memory limit of 1Gb sounds more than enough. My perception was that the site seemed somewhat slow, but 1Gb memory would be more than adequate so that wouldn't account for it.

It does tend to be that you get what you pay for with hosting, though, but if you are happy enough with how your sites are performing then there is no point in paying more.

If the problem reoccurs let us know. It would be a good idea to check the browser console for JS errors or the PHP logs for any warnings, including memory warnings.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.