Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot update / registration key is invalid

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eWeb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: update Toolset

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: update

Instead, I got: error - You must have a valid subscription in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin. Purchase a subscription or enter an existing site key. This key was working from 2016 and now suddenly stopped working. Tried to create new one, the same error. What do I do wrong?

Thank you.

Hello, thank you for contacting the Toolset support. I will do my best to help you.

I have checked your site in our license management system and everything seems to be fine. I would suggest you to unregister toolset from your site following these steps:

Go to Plugins -> Add New.
Click on the Commercial tab.
Find the button Unregister Toolset from this site and click on it.
Go to your account: https://toolset.com/account/sites/
Remove the site which you are having issues.
Register the same site again.
Please, make sure that you set the URL as appearing in Settings -> General -> WordPress Address.
Go to your site dashboard again and register the plugin with the newly generated key.

Please, let me know if this solves the issue or you need further assistance.

Have a great day.

Hi José,

I appreciate such quick answer and am glad this could be solved.

As you said, I unregistered website, then removed old key from your system. After that I register anew, by clicking link in my website Toolset registering field, like here:
1. Go to your Toolset account and add this site URL: hidden link
Then I copy new key into my website, it reloads and seems to be registered normally, but when updating it fails again same way. These packages fails then to be updated:
Toolset Views
Toolset Maps
Toolset Module Manager
After that tried to update them separately by one from Plugins page, and it... succeeded. So problem seems to be solved somehow, thanks for your advise, although it did not worked straight forward, but it really helped, as I was not able to update these any of ways tried.

Thanks again and good luck 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.