Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot see the translated view

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 12.53.09 AM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a page with View to list out the post with a specific category. I can see all post from English page (the default language) hidden link but I can't view the Traditional Chinese hidden link

I do enable the translation for content template, is it the only one setting to enable the view ?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

It depends on the settings for the post type shown in the View. What types of posts are displayed in the View? What are their translation settings?

Dear Christian Cox,

What translation setting should be? I did capture the translation setting in the previous message, was it enough? Please advise what is the setting to ensure the view can be showed.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

I would normally use the setting "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language". Otherwise, you must translate every View template. Usually this isn't necessary, because you will just use wpml-string shortcodes inside the View to translate strings using String Translation. The results will be displayed based on the translation settings for the post type shown in the View, not the template translation settings.

If this doesn't work, please take a screenshot of the Query Filter for this View and include it in your next reply. I would like to see how your taxonomy Query Filter is configured.

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 7.18.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 7.02.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 7.05.24 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 7.06.05 PM.png

Dear Christian Cox,

Not sure whether I provided the screenshot are those you need. Will you consider to have access to my site and check, I can't create private message here. Please advise.

Please use the private reply fields here to provide login credetials.

Thank you, I was able to log in and I am checking the problem now. I will update you shortly.

I'm quite confused, can you help?
I am looking on this page:
hidden link

I am editing the page in wp-admin here:
hidden link

There is a "Classic" block that contains the View "Services". I can edit this View here:
hidden link

If you look in the View's Loop Editor you will see that a table is started in the wpv-items-found section:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
	<table width="100%" class="wpv-loop js-wpv-loop">

However, there is no table tag anywhere in the page source for the Service page. There is no Content Template applied to the Service page, either, so I'm not sure where the content of the Service page is coming from. I don't see any custom JavaScript in the View that would be replacing the table tag...so I'm confused. Do you have any idea why the table tag in this View is not appearing on the site? I see several tc- CSS classes, which indicate content coming from the Customizr pro theme somehow. Is it possible this content is generated by the theme and cached somehow? What happens if you temporarily switch to the default Twenty Twenty theme?

Dear Christian Cox,

Yes, thanks for your finding, I finally found that the content was rendered by a custom page named service-page.php. Sorry for my mistake, I will seek the theme author's help.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Okay thanks for the update. Good luck, I hope you are able to solve the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.