Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot save selected child field in many to many relationship

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Greetings! I'm not sure if e.g. another plugin is interfering, but this one is strange (no other problem behaviors however at present):

(1) I'm defining a many to many CPT relationship btw two parent CPTs and an intermediate child CPT.

(2) I attempt to edit each parent CPT, then click "Select fields" on the intermediate child CPT. I then click "Specific fields" and click the name of the other parent CPT. (This is exactly how I've done it before, successfully.)

(3a) I then save the above. When I view "Select fields" again, "Specific fields" radio button is selected, but the name of the other parent CPT is not selected.

(3b) The other symptom of the above is that, when I edit one parent CPT and attempt to link it to another parent via Post Relationship box, I do not see the other parent CPT.

The only workaround I have at present is to select "Title, all custom fields and parents" when selecting fields for the child. This then allows me to edit one parent CPT and see the other CPT; but it also presents me (or the student user, for whom I am designing this) with the confusing intermediate post "title," which I would typically hide.

There are a few more details, but above is a start so things don't get too confusing.

Many thanks,

Jim

I can replicate this problem locally.

Whenever you select a Item in "Specific Fields" as a Post Type (not the body, or title, of the Parent), hit stet's unselected.

I will pass this over to the DEV team to solve it ASAP.

Thank you for reporting it.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've found the culprit line of this. I've forwarded a fix proposal to the development team and will notify you as soon as I get a confirmation.

Okay, many thanks, Adriano!...Jim P.

This is now fixed in the recent Types update...thanks!

Jim P.

Great, you are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.