Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot save Post Field Groups anymore

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Eric De Paep 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I am trying to: update/save 2 different post field groups, linked to 2 different post types. This happened after the last Toolset update.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the updates to be saved

Instead, I got: I see the page loader for some seconds and then the saving process gets stuck and I get a blank page.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Since this issue didn't occur before the update I believe that some conflict happened.

Could you temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and then try the process again.

If this does not work please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I disabled all plugins. It seems it is WPML string translation that is causing the trouble. When I enabled String translation again, I get an error message when trying to save the post field group: Verification failed. (2)

When I search String Translation for the strings in the post field groups that were causing the error, I notice they all are part of domain "Types (obsolete)". Deleting the (obsolete) post field in the post field group solves the problem. It seems someway the upgrade or any other event has caused a problem with the string translation of some fields. This is quite annoying because I probably will have to delete and recreate all these (osolete) fields, unless you can find a way to solve the conflict.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

When you say delete the fields you are referring to removing them from the field group and re-adding them ?

As I would not want you to delete the fields from the database and lose your data.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, that's what I meant. At first glance, I don't see any other solution. Luckily, I don't have many data yet as the website is still in develoment phase. Neverthesless, it would be better to find anaother solution. This could happen again.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Eric,

If this is the case and there isn't many you can go ahead. The only other solution I would suggest is to roll back the versions and try the update again to see if the problem is fixed with the roll back and if it occurs again when the update is done again.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

It works again. I had to replace all post fields in this post field group and give them other slugs.

I hope this doesn't happen again because it's a lot of work (replacing the fields, remaking the cred form, translating the new strings,...). Can't imagine the mess it would bring on a live site with many post fields and entries. onTheGo Systems should investigate on this issue with WPML.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.