Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cannot remove search/filter

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinP-13 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: remove the Select - 7e0ad2ec First Place search box and the stake search box under historical trial results
, i dont want any searches on the page , i have removed them from the editor but they rermain ?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

the view is hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Martin

I can't see the page on the front-end as it redirects to a subscription page, and I tried to use the credentials you provided to log-in but it says the username or password are wrong.

Let me set another private reply for you to update them.

subscription will be ok once logged into wp-admin nigel , thankyou

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 15.25.25.png

Hi Martin

In the Screen Options tab at the very top of the page the sections for pagination and filter controls are unchecked, so you can't see them in the View below.

If you enable them you will be able to remove the filter controls.

yes i realise that , it doesn't remove the filters no matter what i do is the problem!!

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 11.07.08.png

But you haven't made any changes.

I just looked at the View and the relevant section which was hidden is still hidden, and when I expose it as described above I can see the markup for the filter controls is still there (screenshot).

You need to delete the markup for the unwanted controls.

i appreciate what your saying , if you delete all those filters , save all changes and then refresh the page they return?? you can do this process until you are blue in the face!! thanks nigel

i appreciate what your saying , if you delete all those filters , save all changes and then refresh the page they return?? you can do this process until you are blue in the face!! thanks nigel

if i leave

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]
[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

then it deletes and remains deleted.....

strange but achieved goal so im happy thanks nigel have a great weekend

My issue is resolved now. Thank you nigel

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.