Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CANNOT edit row properties but CAN edit cell properties

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I cannot edit row properties in Layout, but I can edit cell properties fine.

Solution:
I created a new Layout and checked the issue. And it works fine, this was some sort of cache issue.

Please clear all sort of caches in your site plugin cache / CDN cache (if any) / browser cache and try editing the Row settings again.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Layouts-2.0.3-console-error.jpg

I am trying to edit the row properties of the first block on the home page so I can add/adjust CSS classes but clicking the pencil does nothing. There is a console error that appears when I click on this button (see attached image).

Wordpress and Toolset plugins are running the latest versions. The only plugins I'm using are:

- Toolset Types
- Toolset Views
- Toolset Layouts
- Admin Columns

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us. I logged into your site, initially I saw that error but after I created a layout and re-saved the page. After that I no longer see that error and I am able to edit the Row settings without any issue. So that might be some cache or similar thing blocking that.

Please check it and confirm. Thank you

Noman-

Yes, I cleared cache in Safari, exited, and reopened and that appeared to solve my issue. I rarely close my browser and this has been a persistent issue for awhile but interestingly, not with v2.0.2 of Layouts installed. Any time I updated to v2.0.3 I would receive this error. Perhaps that is helpful information to you as well.

For now, my issue is resolved, thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.