Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot delete custom posts from views loop

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by AllanF5151 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
Deleting.PNG
content_user_capabilities.PNG

WHERE DO YOU GET THE DEBUG INFORMATION????? THERE IS NOT "HELP" LINK ANYWHERE??????????

I am trying to:
logged in users (role: content-user) try to delete from views loop any of their posts

I visited this URL: hidden link (please provide secure form so I can send the login information)

I expected to see:
Any post listed to be deleted

Instead, I got:
It shows "Deleting" (see screenshot: Deleting.png) and goes on forever, nothing gets deleted.

Note: the role "content user" has the capability to delete own post (see screenshot content_user_capabilities.png)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Regarding Debug information - we are working on it.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

1)
Could you please make sure you are using latest Toolset release version.

2)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3)
Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

4)
Do you see any javascript errors in your browser console, if yes - could you please send it to me for review.

5)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Unfortunately - When I try to login to wp-admin using access details shared by you it does not work.

Could you please check once and resend wp-admin access details.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked on my test install and CRED delete post link working fine.

I also checked on your install and it's not working. Something must be conflict with CRED delete post link:

I suggest - In order to minimize the cause of issue:
- check cache or Security (if any plugin)
- check with minimum installation (fresh installation)
- check your htaccess file (I see too much code there)
- check error logs

1. Like I mentioned before I deactivated ALL the plugins (including cache & security) and except the Toolset ones and the WPFront the role editor, plus I used the Twenty Sixteen theme. All of this did not solve the problem.

2. I'm not technical enough to know how to do a fresh install (minimal) and I don't want to lose what I have built so far, nor do I know how to deal with .htaccess, and nor how to check the error logs, and look for what???

I bought Toolset because it didn't require that much technical expertise and I was expecting things to work. So far I had spend more money on outside third party sources to help me fix Toolset's issues than I have spent on the Toolset package itself. Not once have you people been able to help me resolve the issues I have had in the past.

Could you push this issue upward to someone who could help me solve this problem?

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

First of all, here you got the right format of the shortcode: [cred_delete_post_link post="[wpv-post-id]" text="DELETE" action="trash"]

Now the JS issue is gone, I believe that some security plugin or server module is avoiding the admin-ajax.php to act. Please check the server log. Learn how to enable it here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Hello,

The only issue is that when the user clicks on delete it shows "Deleting..." in the View but it does not tell the user the post has been deleted unless they reload the page and then the post is not on the list anymore.

Is there by any chance a way I could change the "Deleting..." to "[Deleted]" so as not to confuse the user? Like a tweak I could do in the code?

Captura de Tela 2016-05-05 às 14.50.57.png

It looks like something on your site is avoiding the right return, take a look in the attached image. Instead of OK, it's returning "Security check". I'll try to craft something through any CRED JS callback.

Could the Wordfence security plugin be causing the problem?

I would appreciate it if you could help find a workaround. And if not, then maybe I would need to replace the security plugin if it's causing the problem.

Please check if there is any plugin or any kind of protection against this kind of inline call:

<a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" id="_cred_cred_57507_1" target="_cred_cred_57507_1_iframe" onclick="return _cred_cred_delete_post_handler(true, this, false, false, "", 1);">DELETE</a>

This will trigger the function to delete the post and return the result.

deleting-change-to-delete.PNG

I really do not know HOW to check if there's any plugin or anything else interfering with the above inline call.

I have cleared the cache and deactivated the security and cache plugins and tested it and the POST DOES GET DELETED but it does not show immediately, you have to reload/refresh the page to see that the post is deleted, which is very confusing for the user.

I repeat the question that I have asked before (see above) and I hope you give me a yes or no answer. Can I change the "deleting.." to "DELETED" (please see SCREENSHOT) by tweaking the code? If you could help me with this we could close the issue.

What we can do is to display the message window with the confirmation, please take a look. I've used the shortcode above for this:

[cred_delete_post_link post="[wpv-post-id]" text="DELETE" action="delete" message_after='Deleted' message_show='1']

Thanks.
I replaced "Deleted" with "THE POST WAS DELETED. RELOAD THE PAGE TO VIEW THE LIST OF REMAINING POSTS"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.