Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot create new related record, can update existing record.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

With Types plugin 2.3-b5, add a new record to a related CPT (many-to-may relationship). Example: Add new ingredient to a recipe.

I expected to see: The modal window closing and the new ingredient appearing in my recipe.

Instead, I got: The modal window stays open and the Save link has a bit of a glow indicating that it has been clicked.

And there is a JS error:

Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined

Solution:

It should be a bug of Types Beta version 2.3-b5, currently you can fix it by this:

Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post types:

Edit both custom post type "Ingredients" and "Recipes", in section "Sections to display when editing ", enable option "Editor", and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
add new.JPG

I am trying to: Add a new record to a related CPT. Example: Add new ingredient to a recipe.

Where the issue can be seen: In admin.

I expected to see: The modal window closing and the new ingredient appearing in my recipe.

Instead, I got: The modal window stays open and the Save link has a bit of a glow indicating that it has been clicked.

*** LOVE the way you've implemented relationships in the new beta!!! ***

Thank you for looking at this. Can you please also check out the other support ticket? https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-cpts-created-by-a-plugin-do-no-appear-in-the-dashboard-can-i-add-support/

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case it is a compatibility problem, please try this:

1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

2) Check if there is any Javascript errors in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#javascript-debugging

3) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate same problem in my localhost, it should be a bug of Types Beta version 2.3-b5, currently you can fix it by this:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post types:
Edit both custom post type "Ingredients" and "Recipes", in section "Sections to display when editing ", enable option "Editor", and test again.

As you can see Types 2.3 is still in beta status, there might be some bug in it, and I will forward it to our developers, hope it will be fixed soon.

Thank you! Glad to hear it has an easy fix! Great job with the beta so far - I'm really excited about the release of a stable version.

You are welcome

Here is the feedback from our developers:
This will be fixed in the stable release of Types plugin

I am not sure when will it be release, you can subscribe to our blog to get the updated news:
https://toolset.com/blog/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.