Skip Navigation

[Resolved] cannot choose the key when using toolset field in Elementor shortcode widget

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
cannot choose the key when using toolset field in Elementor shortcode widget

Solution:
This is known to us and I suggest please follow the instructions given with the following errata page:
- https://toolset.com/errata/elementor-dynamic-sources-not-working-when-selecting-toolset-fields-as-source/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.01 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnh-18 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 17.37.01.jpg

Previously when adding a toolset field to an elementor shortcode widget, I could click on 'Toolset Field' and choose the 'key' relevant to the field I wanted to display but that does not work any more. The only thing that happens when I click 'Toolset Field'
is that I get the 'advanced' Before and After.
What has changed? Is there a way around this to make it work? I have found out that I can use Elemetor 'Text Editor' and use the short code for the custom field (eg [types field='writer'][/types]) which of course works but being able to select the key direct in elementor was faster and easier.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This is known to us and I suggest please follow the instructions given with the following errata page:
- https://toolset.com/errata/elementor-dynamic-sources-not-working-when-selecting-toolset-fields-as-source/

Thank you for your message and for the link. I have also contacted Elementor.
Best regards / john

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.