Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot access content template creation

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Thorworx 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to create a new content template.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Brand new site with types and blocks.
When I try to create a new content template for a custom post type, I'm getting an error:
This is the URL that I'm going to when clicking the create content template link:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=ct-creator&action=create&title=Content+template+for+Projects&usage%5Bpost_archives%5D%5B0%5D=project

The page displays this error:
"You have no permission to access this page."

The code shows:
<div class="wpv-setting-container"><p class="toolset-alert toolset-alert-error">You have no permission to access this page.</p></div>

... so this error is definitely coming from Toolset.

I am an administrator. Any idea on how to resolve this error?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

To ensure this isn't being caused by a plugin conflict could you temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and try again?

Please let me know the results of this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shane

I had disabled and deleted ALL plugins except for types and blocks before posting my issue.
I also tried disabling blocks and installing Views -- same result, same error.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Please give me a private message field to reply

Shane
Supporter

Private fields

The private field reply did not work.

The message showed up public on the page.

The hosts file entry should be:

IP address    <em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Do NOT include the https:// or the /wp

You will get an SSL error, but you can accept and continue.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 3.03.28 PM.png

Hello,

At the moment i'm getting this error here.

See Screenshot

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

This could be a server issue, however I was able to get onto the site.

There is another way you can create the content template. Go to Toolset->Dashboard and from there you can click the create template option on your CPT.

I've already tested this to ensure that it works and it does on my end.

Thanks,
Shane

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 3.55.17 AM.png

What kind of server issue would cause this error to be thrown by Types? It seems like this would have something to do with Types "User Capabilities" code.

function wpcf_admin_calculate_menu_page_capability( $data ) {
	$capability = array_key_exists( 'capability', $data ) ? $data['capability'] : 'manage_options';
    $wpcf_capability = apply_filters( 'wpcf_capability', $capability, $data, $data['slug'] );
    $wpcf_capability = apply_filters( 'wpcf_capability' . $data['slug'], $capability, $data, $data['slug'] );
    /**
     * allow change capability  by filter
     * full list <em><u>hidden link</u></em>
     */
    if ( isset( $data['capability_filter'] ) ) {
        $wpcf_capability = apply_filters( $data['capability_filter'], $wpcf_capability, $data, $data['slug'] );
    }
	return $wpcf_capability;
}

Using your workaround, I was able to click on create template, but then I clicked on use classic editor for template, and now I get the same permission error in the dashboard.
Also, there is no way to create Archive templates from the dashboard, so your solution is not a complete fix.

EDIT: I'm still troubleshooting this, and here's another clue: I am not able to turn on Views debug mode... "Saving Failed. Please reload the page and try again."

Shane,

Update: I am starting over from scratch. I suspect there may have been an issue with the database caused by a previously installed (but INACTIVE and uninstalled) plugin. I will update this thread when I find out what caused the problem.

Can you please delete the attachments from my post (I don't want this info public):
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cannot-access-content-template-creation/#post-1517153

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Please update me as soon as possible regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
After re-installing all of my plugins one by one and extensive testing, I have not been able to recreate the issue. I guess we can close this one. I'll be sure to re-open if it re-surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your time.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.