Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can WooCommerce Membership/Subscription status be displayed in Views?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by richardG-4 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot_1.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Display Membership/Subscription status in a User View. These are two of the best selling WooCommerce plugins, I think all of my biggest clients use membership sites, so this would benefit all of them.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've checked forums, it looks like this topic came up back in 2016, but I don't know if there was a solution released. There isn't one that I can find, anyway.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I'm sharing a screenshot of my client's current site, which is built on Ruby on Rails. It costs him thousands of dollars to do updates, I'm hoping to save him money and give him a better experience.

What is the link to your site?
Here is the link to the page with the View: hidden link

There aren't any direct integrations between Views and WooCommerce Membership or WooCommerce Subscriptions, so I'm not sure. How does one display a User's Membership or Subscription status outside of a View? If there are shortcodes provided by those systems that can help you display a User's status based on their User ID, or some other criteria, I might be able to help you integrate them in a View of Users. It depends on whether or not they offer such shortcodes, and whether or not their shortcodes accept other shortcodes as attributes. For example, in a View of Users you can use the wpv-user Views shortcode to access the ID of the User in the loop:

[wpv-user field='ID']

So if the Membership or Subscription plugins offer a shortcode to display status that accepts an ID as an attribute, something like this might work:

[membership-status id="[wpv-user field='ID']"]

Again, it depends on whether or not those 3rd-party systems offer shortcodes like "membership-status" or something similar, and if those shortcodes accept other shortcodes in their attributes. The WooCommerce support team should be able to tell you.

Good to know, are you aware if the Toolset membership add-on will be coming out soon? I'm pretty sure I saw an email about it earlier, and I don't HAVE to use WooCommerce.

If so, will the Toolset membership addon have subscriptions?

I actually don't have an ETA for that or final information about the included features, sorry. Our blog is the best place to get the most up-to-date information about upcoming releases and new features.

Good to know, I think it would be great to have a Toolest membership addon, especially if it has subscriptions. I think it would be useless without subscriptions.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.