Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can Post forms be used by Guests to create posts?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is it possible to allow Guests to create posts by submitting Forms? I have set permissions for these Forms in Access Controls, but I'm still having problems submitting the Forms.

Solution: In this case, it looks like the transcript field ( file upload field ) is required. Guests, by default, are not allowed to upload Media. In order for a Guest to be able to upload a file to the Media Library, you must use custom code to allow that permission. I added this code to your functions.php file:

add_action( 'admin_init','reset_guest_caps' ,9 );
function reset_guest_caps(){
    global $current_user, $wpcf_access;
    if(isset($_GET['formid']) && $_GET['formid']==126&&$current_user->ID==0)
    {
        $wpcf_access->settings=array();
    }
}
This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

Can Post forms be used by Guests to create posts?

We have a competition where people have to enter their form to participate and I'd like for them to create a post without needing to create an account.

Is there an option in Toolset, or otherwise, to achieve this?

Thanks

Yes, it's possible. You can use Toolset Access to manage Guest capabilities for specific Forms. https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-for-cred-forms/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/

You can set those Forms to publish immediately, or you can set those Forms to create content in some other status that requires an editor to review before publish.

Hi,

I did, as far as I know..

Post Type permissions: hidden link

Toolset Post Forms Frontend Access: hidden link

It looks like those two links are the same. Can I log in and take a closer look in wp-admin? Please let me know where I can find the Form on the front-end of the site, and I will run some tests.

It looks like the Transcript field is required. Guests, by default, are not allowed to upload Media. In order for a Guest to be able to upload a file to the Media Library, you must use custom code to allow that permission. I added this code to your functions.php file:

add_action( 'admin_init','reset_guest_caps' ,9 );
function reset_guest_caps(){
    global $current_user, $wpcf_access;
    if(isset($_GET['formid']) && $_GET['formid']==126&&$current_user->ID==0)
    {
        $wpcf_access->settings=array();
    }
}

Please be sure to pull down this change from the server to your local environment.

YES!! It works!

Thank you for catching this! And for helping on a Sunday night!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.