Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can Parent/Child forms appear on the same page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.14 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shane.

Author

I have created two custom post types – one for 'Artists' and another for 'Artwork'. Artwork is a child of Artists. I don't suppose that I can create a single CRED form for editing both the Artist details along with the Artwork details?

I've read https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-forms-for-child-content/ but that doesn't do what I want. That shows a form for the child fields but only allows you to assign a parent. I want to be able to edit all the fields that go together in the parent/child relationship on one page. In my case, that would be artist details like name, bio, etc. and artwork details like image, title, dimensions, etc.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately you will need to create two (2) separate CRED edit forms. One will be needed for the Artist CPT and one for the Artwork CPT.

The reason for this is that Artist and Artwork are two (2) separate and distinct CPT with their own unique fields.

Please let me know if this helps.

Okay, thank you for your response.