Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can no longer edit terms under "Where to display this group"

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brianO 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a custom user group "Header Block" . I added types and terms for this field group. I later added another taxonomy and wanted to add this as well. When I went back into the field group, I can no longer access the terms (I can access the others:types and templates). I do see an error on chrome "Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list admin.php line 384. Every time I select this edit button the error is triggered.

The error expanded

admin.php?page=wpcf-edit&group_id=74:384 Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Dear brian,

It should be a JS error, please try this:
deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.

Update: I turned off the theme and turned off all (including types) plugins. Turned types back on and it still was not working. What I did not test before is if that box worked on other field groups. I just tested and it did, just not for the one that I previously selected terms from the Category taxonomy.

Since I backed everything up. I deleted the terms in the Category taxonomy (what I used before this field group broke). Now I can access the the "Terms" under "Field Group". I entered a new term under "Category" (the original taxonomy that comes with WP) and selected the new term in "Category" in the "Terms" area of "Field Group" and it broke again. Again, deleting the new term in Category fixed the js error.

I have created a custom Taxonomy and selected the term in "Field Group" and it did not break. It seems to be an error with the default taxonomy and views field group.

Also, going to the Custom Term I have selected. The field group does not show up.

Have you tried switch to wordpress default theme?
If the problem still exists, please try duplicate same problem in a test site, fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem page url and problem field name, I need a live website to test and debug this problem, thanks

Thanks for the details, it is the problem term "What's New" in Taxonomy "Blog", there is a single quote in the term title, which triggered the bug, I have put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it, currently, please try modify the problem term "What's New" in Taxonomy "Blog":
hidden link

Modify the title "What's New" to "News" or something else without single quote.

Thank you for finding the bug.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.