Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can no longer add or edit wpv shortcodes to View, Content Template or TinyMCE

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Gavin 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Capture.JPG

I am trying to: add wpv shortcodes to a View

I visited this URL: Edit View of utcheterpress.com

I expected to see: shortcodes

Instead, I got: not a lot

Hi - I've resolved a couple of issue with errors since the updates to Types and Views (see previous posts) however, I can no longer add wpv shortcodes to a View, Content Template or indeed the WP TinyMCE.

I click on the Fields and Views button, click the required button, e.g. Post title with a link or Post featured image, the Fields and Views shortcodes box closes but no shortcode has been inserted.

The Views plugin is a new download direct from the Toolset website (not an update) and I've tried deactivating all other plugins. Still the same problem.

I noticed to that if I use the Loop Wizard and select my fields to include in the loop, I can't edit them - the Edit button to the right of the field name dropdown isn't working (see attached image). I click and nothing happens.

However, it does create the 'Loop item in..' content template containing the fields, but then there is no way to add fields to that template.

Cheers. Gavin.

This must be a conflict with either a Theme or a Plugin, becuase I cannot replicate this locally after installing Types and Views on their latest Release.

You mention you did check with no other plugins, but did you check with a Theme like Twenty Seventeen?

There should also be a JS error in your Console when performing those actions.
Can you pass that to me, in case it's visible?

In case you cannot even insert the Fields with a vanilla WordPress install, please could you provide me a Snapshot of your site?
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.