Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can I join more than 2 modules/plugins together?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Jay

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Build a membership database for the film industry, to include crew, actors, locations, props and suppliers. Each of these 5 titles has a different layout and forms.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Toolset Video tutorials

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
Starting it now.

So

Hello, if I understand correctly you would like to have a site that includes various custom post types, each with their own template design. You would also like to include forms, I assume to create and edit those custom posts from the front-end of the site. All of that sounds possible with Toolset Types, Blocks and Forms. Those plugins all work together seamlessly, so I don't foresee any problems here based on your description so far. I'm not quite sure what you need from me, though.

- Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by joining modules/plugins together?
- Are you stuck on one specific part of the process, or do you need more general information about how the software can help you implement the desired features?

Jay

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
So if I build a site with the plugins required for membership and directory. Could I make the site multilingual at a later date?

WPML, a plugin created by our parent company, is very compatible with Toolset. If you plan to use WPML later to add multilingual features, you can create the site first in the default site language, with WPML inactive. Then after activating WPML later, you can create translations for the site contents. If you plan to use a different multilingual system, it really depends on the multilingual system you choose. I would ask their support team for more information about the suggested workflow.

Jay

So I can add/instal WPML later and activate it.
It doesn't need to be there from the beginning, even in inactive state.

If thats correct, you are brilliant and thank you very much.
Jay

Correct, feel free to create new tickets as needed here to get any additional information you may need.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.