Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can Custom Post type 'tag' thumbnails be displayed?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cam Macduff 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 10.31.19 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? Use the thumbnail I've assigned to my Custom Post Tags.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Nope.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Attached.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

At the moment on these post loop pages I'm displaying the feature image, but all I really want to do is have a default icon show depending on their post 'tag'. I've set up tag thumbnails, but I can't see a way to pull them through.
Possible?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Cam

Firstly, please note that you are posting in the Community Forum for users of the free Types plugin. As a Toolset customer you can and should post in the Technical Support forum which we prioritise and where you should receive speedier service.

Regarding your question, yes, if you create term custom fields you can output them with Views shortcodes, as described here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-wordpress-term-fields/

Note that "you can display term fields on a View listing terms and on a term archive page".

Thanks Nigel. Doh!
Cam

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.