Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can a saved field value automatically pass to a chil post custom field?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by yosukeS 3 years, 9 months ago.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

My site has a public business list and a restricted business list.
They are in relationships(one to one).
Currently, I have a search set up on my top page(hidden link)

In the search view, some of the search criteria is coming from custom fields on the public list, others are coming from ones on the restricted list(parent).
Is there any way to pass a certain value from a restricted list to a public list and save?

The whole purpose of making 2 lists is hiding certain information from the general public. For example, now we have 2 prices (one on a restricted list and another one on a public list). I set this way because certain users want to keep their pricing different or unclear for the public. However for restricted list, they have to enter the correct price to provide accurate information for certain viewers who have special access to granted restricted listing posts.

Ideally, If the author of a restricted list, saved a price, the price also applied to the public one, so he needs only enter once. If he wants to write his own price for public only, he can click a override box and set a new price for public list independently. ( I would like to apply the same setting to other fields as well such as rent and etc.)

As of now the list result shows two prices $0 and other price on the top page search results. I was testing this logic but I wasn't sure if Types plug in can do this or not.

If there is a mean to do this, could you please provide how to.

Thank you.

This is a followup question started with this support ticket.

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/search-setting/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

This is a duplicate of another ticket. Please ignore. Sorry!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.