Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Buttons have padding

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 10.39.00.png

I am trying to:

Create a page with a button

I visited this URL:

hidden link

I expected to see:

A button with no padding

Instead, I got:

A button with padding

This happens with all my sites that use a content template and then i add a button using Beaver.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Diane

There is an ongoing issue with line break <br> tags and/or empy <p> tags being added to some content in Beaver Builder.

Could you inspect the source for the button and see if there are any spare <br> or <p> tags added so I can see if we are dealing with the same thing?

Yes there is a <br> tag

This has not been resolved, but for those looking for a quick fix please add this into your Beaver Builder / Javascript box to get rid of it

jQuery('.pp-modal-button br').remove() 

and add a line height of 1 to the button

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry Diane

You marked this thread as resolved but I see that it is not.

We have an internal ticket for this same problem with other users and I am re-opening this thread and escalating it for tracking so that I can advise you when a fix is available.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Diane

We had an internal briefing about ongoing progress with the Beaver Builder integration where the developers said that finding every occurrence where extra whitespace was added (in the form of empty <p> and <br> tags) was like going down the rabbit hole.

They will fix each case as and when they find it, which means that at any given time if there is a particular situation where whitespace is being generated it may or may not get fixed in the next release and in the meantime will need hiding via CSS (or jQuery as per your solution).

Sorry that I can't give you a clear assurance that this specific instance will be fixed soon, although it is on our radar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.