Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Button Nextgen in the editor to attach a gallery to a post is not working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Durk 8 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
working button nextgen in post.png
empty screen.png

I am trying to: add a Nextgen gallery to a post by using the Nextgen button in the editor.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: When a use the button in the editor to attach a gallery to a post i see a empty white sreen.

Instead, I got: a white sreen with no options. See empty screen.png
When i disable the plugin Types the button works fine. See working button nextgen in post.png

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Can you please try with a default theme of Word Press (i.e. Twenty Fifteen or earlier)? Just to check, if it's related to theme or an issue with the plugin itself. Sometimes themes add such features to the system, which may create some compatibility issues. Checking this will help analyzing the problem.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. Started a couple of days ago.
I have confirmed that TYPES is causing the conflict by changing my theme and deactivating and REACTIVATING all plug ins. I am in an urgent situation. Is there any news?

I also can confirm that TYPES is causing the conflict. I changed to default theme. This had no result. When is disable Types the button is working as it should be.

I confirmed it. I found an older version of types and replaced it and i could use Next Gen. But I have noticed other GRAVE problems with the custom post types. Post types from 1 post type showing up in the list of posts for another post type, as an xample. And now 404 Errors even from the View Post button from inside a saved Post. I am restoring to a back up version of my site AND replacing the update from April with an older version until this gets fixed.

Waqas
Supporter

@durko: Can I ask for a temporary access to your site? So I can look for more details.

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Please mention the links to the pages, views, forms, CPTs and configurations in question.

Please take a backup of your site, before proceeding.

@wendyg-2: Can you please open a separate thread to register this issue at forums? So you can get more focused solution.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the details.

We have just released a new update for Types plugin (1.6.6.2) which is known to resolve this issue. Can you please upgrade to that and confirm if it fixes the issue?

Thanks.

I have installed the new update for Types plugin (1.6.6.2). I am sorry to say it did not fixe the issue!

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I am trying to access your site's dashboard, but there's another authorization popup appearing (before WP Admin standard login page). I tried to pass through this with the credentials you provided, but looks like the credentials are for WP Admin login only.

Please check and let me thru this additional authorization process. I have set your next reply as private.

Waqas
Supporter

pgcs-nl-auth.png

Please see attached, this is what I am seeing when accessing your site.

In the text of the image you see that you have to fill in the fields with:
Username: antagonist
Password: antagonist

Then you will see the loginpage.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the details. I was able to log into your website and have observed the issue. I have reported this to relevant Dev Team.

I will update you as soon as they reply with a solution.

Waqas
Supporter

Our dev team suggests that this issue should be fixed after upgrading to Types 1.6.6.3. Please update plugin to the latest version.

Please let me know if the matter is resolved or if I can help you with anything related.

I installed Types 1.6.6.3. on my website and also on my local testsite. On both websites it is still not working. I am still getting a white sreen with no options when using the the Nextgen button in the editor. When i disable the plugin Types the button works fine.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I have relayed this information to the dev team. I will update you as soon as they return.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.