Skip Navigation

[Resolved] building logic into a view

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: create a filter that pulls in blog posts that have the following logic

tag (toolset taxonomy) = A and
category (native WP blog category) = X or tag (native WP blog tag) = Y

I visited this URL:

hidden link
username: jpds
password: 9216016c

I expected to see:

In the section that says Blog Posts about Science, I expected to see blog posts that were tagged as follows:

grade (toolset taxonomy) = sixth and
category (native WP category) = science or tag (native WP tag) = STEM or tag (native WP tag) = STEAM

Instead, I got:

I've got different variations due to the limitation of toolset such that I can only set conditions to be all AND conditions or all OR conditions. I have been able to set the conditions to be a combination of AND and OR.

Can you please advise on how to do this?

Thank you,

Shana

Can you please reply if you are having trouble following the logic? Thank you, Shana

Dear Shana,

It is not possible within Views plugin, Views is using wordpress class WP_Query to query posts, see wordpress document:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Taxonomy_Parameters

relation (string) - The logical relationship between each inner taxonomy array when there is more than one. Possible values are 'AND', 'OR'.

In the Taxonomy Parameters, there is only one parameter "relation" can be setup, so you can not use both "AND" and "OR" logic in same query.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.