Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Building A Property Listings Search Engine with Map & Filters, Single Property

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author
Toolset-PropertyListings.jpg

Hi,

I've used toolset for a commercial real estate site and will be developing a second site using Toolset. The current integration that the client uses is something that they would like to replicate, and I wanted to see if it could be done with toolset. The site is built with Divi, and I have experience building the content templates with Divi + Toolset.

This is the main view of properties I'm looking to replicate (hidden link). Basically a two or potentially 3 column grid with map to the right in the 4th column on desktop, and then resized down per device to smaller layout, hiding the map and just grid. I know I've read that bootstrap and Divi don't play nicely together, I have found they worked in a few situations.

I also had a few questions about relationships, as I will be using them to relate agents to properties so that they can be chosen by admin on the backend and then outputted on the single property template. And then conditionals, and having certain custom fields on the backend depending on the type of listing (for sale, for lease) and then a specific content template for each.

Thanks!

We suggest creating one thread for each issue/question you have.
This way, we can reply focused on the one issue and you can as well find the precise details easier later, rather than digging thru one massive ticket where all the questions are answered.

The layout you show on the link is possible to achieve with Toolset. As you correctly recognize, Divi Theme and Bootstrap are not compatible with each other.
This is not a Toolset limitation but an issue (known) on the Divi Theme.
You cannot use Bootstrap with that Theme, instead, you'd need to use the theme's styles and re-add certain scripts to the Theme's styles so to complete the Bootstrap Experience.
However, still, Divi will apply its own rules for the framework.
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/matching-divi-styling-using-toolset/

However you'd create the Grid itself, later you'd populate it with the Toolset Elements, mainly, the Map.
Note that Divi theme as well already has a Map and it will conflict with the Toolset Maps, unless you remove either of both, as it is not possible to register 2 maps on the same website.
hidden link
So if you decide using Toolset Maps you need to remove Divi's map.

For the grid, as said, you'd use Divi Theme features, not Toolset's.
With Toolset, you'd only be designing the content part, and apply some Theme settings to that, however you would not design a Divi Site with Toolset Layouts or other Bootstrap based layout systems, as they'd break.

Please let me know if you need help setting up the Map.
For the other questions related to relationships, conditions and others, I suggest opening one ticket each.

Great, really appreciate the help & feedback.

Currently populating custom fields, but will be beginning development of the map & grid very shortly. I will make sure to open up separate tickets for relationships, conditions & others if needed.

For the map, is it possible to have the map move to the pin / location when hovering over the respective grid item, most likely the featured image?

Thanks again!

We have this:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/maps-shortcodes/#map-focus-on-marker

It allows to focus on the marker when clicking the item in the list, but not when hovering it.
You could, however, suggest making that also focusable on hover, by submitting a request for it here:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.