Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Build a Site like wp-types.com

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The customer wanted to know if it was possible to build a site like our discover-wp where users can create there own sites.

Solution:

Unfortunately no this isn't possible as this was something that was done by our development team. Its completely custom.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nagarajG 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,

I want to build a site like wp-types.com where logged-in users can select reference sites and create my own gallery of sites.

How can I get the code from you? At extra cost?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Naraj,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We cannot share the code with you but we can guide you on how to set this up. The best way to do this is to create a CPT called showcase and then put the custom fields that you would want the users to fill out on those different showcase website.

Then you can just use our views plugin to then display the showcase similarly to how we do it on our site.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi -

I have 2 questions.

1. To use those reference sites as templates and allow users to create new sites based on these, do you use a plugin?

2. How do you create the domain names - like subdomain.domain.com? Do you also use plugins for this?

FYI WPMUDev has plugins for these. Do you recommend those? Or do you know of any other way?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nagaraj,

1. If you are referring to our discover-wp.com site then no this is something completely custom that was done by our development team.

2. This would more likely come from a third party solution.

It should be noted that our plugin doesn't allow you to create new sites/subdomains anything like that will need a third party plugin or a custom built solution.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.