Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bug with the new WP and Layouts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by glenn 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
toolset_bug2.png
toolset_bug.jpg

I found 2 bugs when i updated wordpress(5.6) and layouts(2.6.7) to the latest versions.

First was when my client mailed my that she wanted to post a new post. The posts on this site is set to use a layout. However when she created the new post, her editor was showing the layoutsoverlay and she could not enter text. She was sent to the page showing in 'toolset_bug2.png'. When i inspected what was happening i saw that there were 8 new post layouts created. and i was not able to reset it to the previous layout. When i manually updated all toolset plugins it seemed to have disappeared.

However later i was working on a local production site and i ran into the same problem after updating. I also updated this one manually and this problem is diseappered.

However now i am running into another bug. I was editing the row width setting in my layout. However it is not saving and while i was doing this some 5 slug fields started to show up. I cannot do anything with the layout at this time.

Could you please look into the problem and lat me know when you have a fix?

the debug info i provided is on my localproduction website. The other one offcourse has completely different configurations but the problems are the same so its seems to be a conflict between WP and Layouts.

Kind regards,

Glenn

I just wanted to let you guys know that it indeed has to with a change in the new WP version. I rolled back the wordpress version and my problem with layouts is solved. Hope this helps you to find the problem faster

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Glenn and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Our developers have already fixed the first issue on the latest release(Layouts 2.6.7). We have published an errata about it https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/

Regarding the second issue(saving the layout, and the multiple slug fields), Another user has reported a similar case, but we did not get a copy of his website yet to investigate it.
If you would like to provide a Duplicator copy of your website where we see this issue, we'll give it a shot and investigate the origin of this issue. I'm setting your next reply to be private, so you can share a download link or credentials to your setup and we'll take a Duplicator copy.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Jamal is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Please allow me to download the duplicator package and setup your site on my local machine. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I installed the duplicator you shared and then update the WP version to 5.6 on that duplicator.

I try to add a new post for default post type post and on Add New post screen I can see it allow me to add a text as I can see post body editor and no Layout is assigned to this post. please check the following screenshot: hidden link

Then I navigate to Layouts listing screen from Toolset => Layouts and try to edit the Layout "Layout for locaties" and I try to edit the row but I do not see the number of slugs as you shared with the following screenshot:
=> https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/1873411-toolset_bug.jpg

Please check the following video: hidden link

Am I missing anything?

Hi Minesh,

sorry for the late reply. I have been offline during the Holiday season. Best of wisdhes for the new year!

Thank you for looking into the issue. I can't reproduce it either anymore. Maybe it was a leftover issue because i updated wordpress before layouts the first time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.