Skip Navigation

[Closed] Browse products in WooCommerce by Attributes AND custom taxonomies

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 10 years ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I'm not sure if this falls under the Types plugin as much as it would a filter plugin, but I have created custom taxonomies for Vehicles by year, make, and model using the Types plugin. I would like users to be able to browse products in WooCommerce and filter by the custom taxonomies AND the filters built into WooCommerce. It seems like you can only do one or the other. Any ideas on how I can make this work properly?

hidden link

Dear Sean,

The filters built into WooCommerce have their own features and I don't think we can easily extend them.

You can build all the filters into a Views parametric search though. Do you have any problems with this solution?

Regards,
Caridad

Sorry but I think that is out of my realm. Really I'm just trying to get the dropdowns on my site (which pull the custom taxonomies from the Types plugin) to work with the standard WooCommerce filter plugins below.

hidden link

Dear Sean,

I'm reading your question again, and it seems that you want parametric filters that depend on other filters. We are working on what we call conditional parametric search and I think it will resolve your problems. This will be release with Views 1.6 if everything goes as planned.

I'm not sure if there is a way to do what you want until this is released.

Regards,
Caridad

That is great. If I purchase Views, and it doesn't work as mentioned or do what I need it to, will I be able to get a refund?

Sean

Dear Sean,

Here you have our refunds policy:

https://toolset.com/buy/refund-policy/

Regards
Caridad

Dear Sean,

You may also want to try our woocommerce demo to see how we did things there.
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-demos-downloader/

Regards
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] Browse products in WooCommerce by Attributes AND custom taxonomies’ is closed to new replies.