Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bridge theme – qode slider not working after activating tool types

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leilaG 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: activate Tool types, and other addons, when activated all qode sliders stop working and do not show any images.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (login details needed - production)

I expected to see: Bridge theme sliders working

Instead, I got: Blank white screen

Dear Leila,

It is a compatibility problem, I tried the credentials you provided above, it is not valid, I get the error message:
ERROR: The password you entered for the username website is incorrect. Lost your password?

In case there is any other compatibility problem in your website, please check these:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
3) Also check if there is any JS error in your website
Javascript Debugging
Many of the operations in WordPress require Javascript. Any JavaScript error, caused by anything, may stop all further Javascript execution and prevent things from functioning properly.

JavaScript debugging is done using the browser’s built-in Developer Tools, more specifically, using a JavaScript Console. Today, all major browsers feature Developer Tools and a JavaScript Console:

In Chrome, click the Main menu button->More Tools->Developer Tools. Select the Console tab.

Hi, before purchasing toolset I contacted pre-sales and asked if it will work with Bridge theme without any clashes.

This was the response from toolset -
You don't need to do anything extra to use Toolset Layouts with your theme. It will work out of the box. Toolset should work with the Bridge theme.

Where can I resend the correct login details to in a private message?

Thanks

Please check if the problem does still exists when you are using only Toolset plugins + the "bridge" theme,
If the problem still persists, please provide a copy of your website by following our document:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, but you are using 25 other plugins, I need your permission to deactivate plugins and switch theme, you will need to backup your website database first.

Please use the stagging area for testing, here you go deactivate plugins, change themes without affecting the live site, which we are still working on - hidden link

Thanks

q_slider.JPG

I assume we are talking about the "q_slider" just below the top menu:
hidden link

It is a CSS conflict, you can fix it by this simply:

div.fade{
opacity: inherit !important;
}

See sreenshot q_slider.JPG

Great!! Thank you for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.