Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Breadcrumb/Permalink Hijacked

This support ticket is created 9 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by joshua 9 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

I have WooCommerce installed on my site. I also have Types installed. I used Types to create a custom post type with slug 'portal-box' and title "Portal Box" (singular) "Portal Boxes" (plural). The rewrite rules are at their default.

For some reason, immediately after publishing some posts of this type, all Products' (Woo) breadcrumbs have been hijacked by the portal box slug - they appear like "Home / Portal Box / Universal" where Universal is the title of one my portal box cpt's.

It gets stranger - when I changed the slug from "portal-box" to "portalbox", the breadcrumbs returned to their original behavior.

I guess the steps would be...
Install WooCommerce
Add some products (with categories)
Install Types
Add a CPT with slug "portal-box"
View the product breadcrumbs.

Dear joshua,

This happens when WooCommerce is disabled?

I don't see how I could test out a product's permalinks if Woo is disabled. The issue occurs on products. As I said, the PRODUCT breadcrumbs get hijacked, not the other way around.

An update: it appears that the hijacked breadcrumbs are back, no matter what slug/permalink I use for the portal box CPT.
All products get redirected to using the portal box structure - see hidden link

Dear joshua,

What plugin are you using? We need to know if you are using some redirect plugins.

Plugins:
Content Aware Sidebars
Custom Field Suite
Duplicator
Gravity Forms
NextGen Gallery
Page Links To
Shareaholic
Taxonomy Images
TB Testimonials
TinyMCE Advanced
Types 1.2.1.1
WooCommerce
WP Seo
WP Views

I have tried switching to TwentyEleven/TwentyTen/TwentlyTwelve and de-activating all plugins (except WooCommerce, without which I cannot test the scenario).

I've also noticed that when I set all of the posts of type "portalbox" to the status "Private", the breadcrumb issue goes away.

I have determined that this issue is not with Types. I deactivated Types and deleted the posts created with it, yet the problem remains.