Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Both Map and Markers Not Displaying Properly

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Map View Issue.JPG

Trying to get views to work with google maps. The map shows the middle of the ocean and no markers. I've checked debug, turned off all my plugins and went to 2012 theme, without any success. My addresses show correctly as texted. I've tried a google api key both with and without url authentication. My three API services are turned on. I've tried a loop and a single page entry with a map/marker. Both have the same issue.

Here's my loop:
[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1"]
<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_title="Test" marker_field="wpcf-business-address"]Test[/wpv-map-marker]
[types field='business-address'][/types]
</wpv-loop>
<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[/wpv-items-found]
[wpv-no-items-found]
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]No items found[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

I'd be happy to give you access to the site. Thanks.

Dear Nathan,

Please check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Views plugin + Toolset Maps plugin, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In most cases, it might be a google map API problem or server problem, you can add attribute "debug" into marker shortcode [wpv-map-marker], and get the debug logs, for example:

[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_title="Test" marker_field="wpcf-business-address" debug="true"]Test[/wpv-map-marker]

If the problem persists, please provide a test site with the same problem in below "private detail box", I need to test and debug it in a live website. thanks

Here's what I'm getting.

Error connecting the Google Maps API: wp_remote_get could not communicate with the Gogle Maps API

One the backend of WordPress this isn't happening, the map and marker displays on the individual post type edit screens.

I got the same error message with a url restricted API key and an unrestricted one.

According to your debug logs:
wp_remote_get could not communicate with the Gogle Maps API
It means your webserver failed to connect with the google maps server, and should be a server problem, and I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost.

I suggest you check these:
1) Test it in another webserver
2) If above works fine, please contact your webserver provider for it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.