Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bootstrap feedback

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by henrikG 9 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

I am yet to develop my first site with Types. But I came across this article that I would like to get some feedback on..

Since Layouts, needs a bootstrap theme, and this article claims that bootstrap is bad for WordPress, what do I have to believe?

hidden link

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Bootstrap is widely used by thousands of websites and 100s of WP themes (modern) utilize Bootstrap as a base framework. However, the article you mentioned seems to be an experience of one's own, we can not deny the flexibility and power of the Bootstrap.

I will suggest to take a look at hidden link and see if it fits your requirements. There are also several other frameworks available, but again, Bootstrap is the most renowned and adopted framework among website designers/builders.

Layouts can work with any custom CSS framework, but to utilize built-in features of Layouts, it only supports Bootstrap. You can use any framework, but to avail the power of grids and layouts you will need lot of extra efforts.

Hi Waqas

It is fine by me.
I am a new user of the toolset.

My story is that I have a few websites, made in wordpress, but I spend all my time dealing with plugin issues and performance problems. And I spend more time maintaining my websites than actually using them for my business.

And I am so tired of running into plugin problems, where one upgrade causes problems for another. And in my situation I have 44 plugins installed on one site only to be able to offer the features for my users that I want to offer.

And because of performance issues I recently debugged the site, and was shocked to see how badly designed wordpress actually is. Each heartbeat, loads all plugins, themes options etc into memory, for the single heartbeat. And this happens each second while you are logged into the admin backend of wordpress.

And if you run a site, you would normally have an open connection in the backend. So this explains why CPU usage of the server went high. Only because of too many plugins and the heartbeat feature of wordpress.

Another frustrating thing with wordpress is that there are very basic stuff missing from the system. Like the user being able to edit his/her profile and change the avatar picture? Gravatar is for geeks, not users. Why are wordpress still ignoring this?

And a basic thing as making emails from wordpress look good, follow your brand. That basic thing is not implemented in core wordpress. Each plugin has its own handling of emails. You need plugins to make emails look good, and even if you install a plugin like WP Better Emails, it does not work well with woocommerce, because woocommerce handles emails in its own design. WHY is email layout not part of core wordpress. You need various plugins to handle this, so you do not look like a fool when you send out your emails.

I do not expect answers, but this is the reason why I bought toolset. I am sick and tired of the plugin hell, you end up in when you try to circumvent the missing features of wordpress. So I bought toolset, to cut down on the amount of plugins and theme features needed to run my website.

One single plugin supplier (wp-types) instead of 44 different.

So this is the reason why I asked about bootstrap. Because if Bootstrap does not perform well with wordpress I needed to know before redesigning and building everything with toolset.

BTW: If Wp-Types came up with a tool to handle all emails from wordpress I would be very happen, then I could remove 3 plugins as well.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.