Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bootstrap 4 Issue

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The footer widgets when using the Storefront theme break when using Bootstrap 4.

Solution:
Confirmed. It (Storefront) uses some of the same class names as Bootstrap 4 making it incompatible.

It is necessary to use Bootstrap 3 with Storefront.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesW-18 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Footer Bootstrap 3.JPG
Footer Bootstrap 4.JPG

I am trying to: Website uses WooCommerce with Storefront theme. Loading Bootstrap 3. When loaded, the Storefront footer looks normal (see website) - I use 3 of the 4 footer columns (1-3). Loading Bootstrap 4. When Bootstrap 4 is loaded rather than Bootstrap 3, the Storefront condenses all the footer columns to the left (appears to be trying to display all footer columns in left most column).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: See attached image "Footer Bootstrap 3.jpg" (this is what I expected to see with Bootstrap 4 loaded).

Instead, I got: See attached image "Footer Bootstrap 4.jpg" (with Bootstrap 4 loaded).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi James

I just tested this out on my own local site and found the same.

Unfortunately it seems the Storefront theme isn't compatible with BS4, it uses some of the same class names that BS4 uses for its grid. (Specifically the classes such as col-3.)

You'll either need to manually intervene with style overrides, or stick with BS3.

Thanks for looking into this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.