Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Bold Main Taxonomy

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ideabatchV 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have created main & sub taxonomy & my members is able to choose the taxonomy via the CRED submission form when they submit post. I need the selection of main taxonomy in the submission form is bold & sub taxonomy is non-bold.

Please assist

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This needs custom CSS or javascript. You need to add such code for each parent option.

For example:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$('select option[value="aye"]').css({ 'font-weight': 'bold' });
});

Please check following example:
=> hidden link

Yes. I understand. Please let know there is any css code to add into the theme directly instead of add JavaScript into the each parent option

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well- but how you determine using CSS that which is the parent option? So, its better to use jQuery instead of CSS here. So you can target only parent option based on option value.

I found a better way to style the main category font instead of adding js to each value already. For anyone having the same problem with me refer below js code to add into the form

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
$('select option[data-parent="-1"]').css({ 'font-weight': 'bold' });
});

Minesh, if you got the css please provide base on above too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.