Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks view not displaying data at Front End

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by markP-18 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

No, I can't, on a server running 5.6.39 (I don't have 5.6.40 available) it still works correctly, and no warnings or notices in the PHP logs.

I'm going to need to consult with my colleagues to see how to proceed, as it is only happening on your server, and it is not obvious from your debug info what the issue may be.

I'll keep you posted.

Feel free to put in some print_r or similar commands into the code on my live site for a few moments to help you debug. Ideally targetted so that it only outputs debugging info on the front end Blocks View stuff (like I said, the editor seems to show live data fine).

On my other ticket I just had this response:
I'm noticing pairs of error log lines like this:
It seems your server is running MySQL 5.5.62, which is a bit out of date. Toolset's minimum requirement is 5.6: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

So that would explain why caching isn't happening, the database engine is a bit outdated. Is it possible to get your host to update MySQL, or run on a server with a more modern MySQL version?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So in the morning, I'm going to upgrade MySQL - I've just added a suitable repository and it looks like it will give me a straightforward update.

Perhaps it will fix this Blocks View problem?

Nigel
Supporter

I don't think so, because that relates to a coordinate system available in more recent versions of mySQL that is required for Maps, but let's rule it out in case there is something else affected by the mySQL version I'm not aware of.

Let me know when you've updated mySQL and what happens.

The MySQL upgrade didn't pan out. I spent an hour trying to do the upgrade and then about three hours fixing it back to how it was! 🙂

I may move the site to a different server.

Nigel
Supporter

Are you going to switch server?

As the issue is specific to the current server I'll hold off until I hear from you.

I've just acquired new hosting this morning and I'm uploading a dev replica site to it now. I'll get back to you shortly. As you can imagine, time is of the essence with the amount of need around at the moment.

Hi. The new hosting works fine. I'm seeing a front end blocks view on the duplicate 'dev' site that I've made.
I'm going to move the site to the new hosting.
Cheers,
Mark

Nigel
Supporter

OK, great, that's good news.

I'm sorry I couldn't identify the issue on the original server, remote debugging of live sites for server issues is tricky.

Thanks for your help. I think that we can leave this support ticket as it is now.
Cheers,
Mark

Just thought. How do i get rid of that pop up debugging window that appears when I go to one of the 'problem' front end pages?

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry, did I leave that on?

Go to Toolset > Settings > Front-end content and you'll see the debugging option there.

Thanks for that final tip about the debugging.
Thanks for your efforts.
Mark

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.