Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks prevents adding new users

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by damianS-2 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 9.10.36 PM.png

I am trying to: Add a new user to this site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /wp-admin/user-new.php

I expected to see: the ability to add a new user

Instead, I got: Error: Passwords don’t match. Please enter the same password in both password fields.

There should not need to be anything matched. This issue resolves if I turn off the Blocks plugin.

I am positive it's Blocks because I also turned every other plugin off changed themes and the issue was still there.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 08.48.58.png

Hi there

I found something similar a week or two ago, but couldn't consistently reproduce it, and my colleagues were unable to.

But now that I have your report, I spun up a brand new test site and I reproduced the problem 2 out of 3 attempts (one time it worked okay).

It happens if the error shown in the screenshot appears on the page. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with Blocks, but only happens when Blocks is active.

So I've escalated the problem to the developers to investigate.

I'll keep you posted.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Just to let you know, the devs found that there are more generic reports of the same not related to Toolset, but affecting Firefox specifically: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/52086

We'll monitor what happens there.

Got it- I checked in Chrome and the add user function was working correctly. Strange that it was specifically Blocks affecting Firefox (if I turned off Blocks, I could add users in FF). Thanks for the help, we can close this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.