Skip Navigation

[Resolved] blocks image slider lightbox navigates to next record

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? use blocks image slider

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? dev server
i've added an image slider in blocks using the lightbox display setting. everything works fine, except when navigating through the lightbox images, the navigation continues to the next record. it should either loop within the same record or stop, but I don't think it should continue to the images of the next record.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Do you have more details about how you set this up, as I cannot reproduce it.

I have a post type with a repeating image field and some sample posts with images assigned.

I have a template for that post type, and I add an Image Slider block, using the custom image field as the dynamic source for the slider images.

When I display one of the posts, the image slider includes the images from that post. If I click to open in a lightbox, I can navigate those images, but only those images belonging to the post.

I take it your set up must be different.

Capture.PNG

not sure if what i have is the same. this is a view using blocks for the content template.

Nigel
Supporter

So you are outputting multiple sliders on the same page (one for each post returned by the View), and when you open the lightbox for one of the sliders you navigate through the images and images from the next slider on the page are included in the lightbox, that's the scenario?

yes, that's the problem. i think only the images from the one record should be in the lightbox. then i would close the lightbox, then to view another record, i'd have to click an image in that other record. shouldn't be all the images on the page in one lightbox, should it?

Nigel
Supporter

I reproduced the problem with the setup you described and have escalated the issue to the developers.

It should be a fairly simple matter to set the scope of the lightbox to the Image Block that generated it. We have already frozen code on the next updates of Views/Blocks due towards the end of this month, so it won't appear until a subsequent update.

I'll escalate this thread and then I can let you know when the change has been made.

Thank you Nigel. If there is any interim update to fix please let me know. Not sure we can go live this way.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Malaga

The fix for this is finally out.

If you don't see the update in your plugins page from the custom Toolset installer page click the Check for Updates button. It is also available on the downloads page at toolset.com/account/downloads.

Let me know if you still see any problems after updating.

it seems to be working - thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.