Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocks editor not showing some functions

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
no_buttons_on_fields_and_text_with_deactivated.png
user_views_don't_show_up_on_blocks.png
fileds_and_blocks_toolset_editor_no_buttons.png

1. I am trying to: edit "Fields and Texts" Toolset type box and the fields buttons don't show at top. Also deactivated all non toolset plugins.

2. In the blocks editor, User views do not appear. (There is no way that I can find to create a user view (not profile cpt) with using 'create view' in the blocks editor.

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 5.13.54 PM.png

1. I am trying to: edit "Fields and Texts" Toolset type box and the fields buttons don't show at top. Also deactivated all non toolset plugins.
Hi, can you share a bit more information about this? I'm not able to reproduce this issue (see the screenshot here from my test).
- Does the problem happen every time you try to edit using a Fields and Text block, or is it sporadic?
- Is there a specific block that has this issue, or is the issue happening in all Fields and Text blocks?
- Can you clear your browser's cache and refresh the page, then retest this?
- If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know what browser you are using to access the block editor.

2. In the blocks editor, User views do not appear.
That's correct, our developers are working to integrate User and Taxonomy Views in Toolset Blocks but they are not currently available. For now, you must use the Toolset Views interface to create these lists, and include them in your blocks content using the legacy shortcodes.

HI Christian,
1. I've noticed this over the past couple of weeks this wasn't working. I don't recall it ever working for my setup. I had to use the typical 'classic' text editor, which does work. I thought maybe this was related to the Blocks update. Recently, I saw that used in a tutorial and thought there may be something amiss in my setup.

I did clear all possible caches via Siteground and browser and deactivated all non-toolset plugins.

2. OK, great to hear users and taxonomies are coming! 🙂

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Marge,

As Christian is on Holiday today I will be filling in.

I checked your site and added the Fields and Text block to a page and I was able to see the exact result that christian had in his post here.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/blocks-editor-not-showing-some-functions/#post-1468099

Could you provide a little more information on the context where you are adding this? Is it in a view ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi, Shane and I were both unable to replicate the problem. Can you share more details, or is this resolved?

Hi, I think this may have been when creating a view. I'm unable to replicate it now with normal editing. I will update when I can repeat. Thanks!

Okay understood, I will stand by for your update. Thank you!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.