Skip Navigation

[Resolved] blocks editor excerpt strip html

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do? show an excerpt without html (because fusion code is showing in posts that use fusion editor)

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link (but by the time you read this i will have changed all the posts to classic editor to avoid the issue.)

Hello,

How do you display the post excerpt? with Blocks editor or fusion editor?
Are we talking about Toolset Single Field block-> Post Excerpt?
And I have checked the URL you mentioned above, there isn't the same problem as your screenshot.
Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

sorry! yes, using blocks editor. yes, single field, post excerpt. i've fixed them all so you didn't see it but i changed one back to use fusion editor - the last one: hidden link

Thanks for the details, I assume we are talking about the shortcode in the URL you mentioned above:

[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="no" equal_height_columns="no" menu_anchor="" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-vi…

It should be a shortcode from fusion builder, so it is a compatibility issue with fusion builder, please provide a full copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

I've just abandoned this dev site - cloned it to the live site - so i don't need it anymore. so you are welcome to do any time of testing you want to at hidden link if that works for you?

OK, please provide your test site credentials + FTP access in below private message box, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, and have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

And when I try to debug in your website, I get unexpected error: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

If you don't need that test website, you can remove it. thanks

ok - thanks!

Here is the feedback from out 2nd tier supporter:
Shortcodes are parsed when you pass content through the_content filter, but the excerpt doesn’t get passed through the_content filter, so in your case you will need to setup each post excerpt manually.

For example:
1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Custom Types, find and edit your custom post type, in section "Sections to display when editing", enable option "Excerpt"

2) Edit the each post, click "Screen Options", enable option "Excerpt", then you will be able to setup the post excerpt manually

in section "Sections to display when editing
i don't find this section. I clicked in 'settings for work samples' > edit, but not finding.

post-type-settings.JPG

Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post Types, find and edit "work samples", there is a section: Sections to display when editing, see screenshot post-type-settings.JPG.

More help:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-post-type/

ok - got it. i saw 'custom' in the instrx and went right for custom fields. so this is a regular wordpress post type - so excerpt field is already available. i'm using toolset only to produce the post grid on the front end. it makes sense that excerpt in this case is not a toolset excerpt but a worpdress post excerpt - thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.