Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blocking fields by user role

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Blocking fields by user role

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way for me to block the fields of posts and users (customized or not) using Access, by user role.

Is it possible to do this in the Access / Types options or just with code? if it is only via code, can you give me a direction on how to do it?

As an example you can check this functionality of another plugin:
hidden link

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrique,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Actually no its not possible to restrict metaboxes with our Types plugin.

You will need to use the plugin that you've sent in the link to get this done, or the use of custom coding.

Unfortunately i'm not able to find any materials that could guide you on how to do this using code.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Henrique,

I checked on this again for you and in our Access plugin you are able to restrict the Types custom field Meta Boxes based on the user's role.

If you go to Toolset -> Access Control and select the Types Fields tab you should be able to setup the permissions of your custom fields based on the user's role.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.