Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "block editor requires JavaScript" msg on post edit screen for M2M relationships

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcoM-5 5 years, 3 months ago.

Author

Currently using Toolset Types Version 3.2.4. I am seeing a "The block editor requires JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings, or try the Classic Editor plugin." warning/error message on the post edit screen, in relation to many-to-many post relationships. The message is showing within the div id for connecting new or existing post for these type of relationships. It doesn't show for other relationship types. The block editor is working just fine, this warning/error message seems to be a bug?

The message should be of no concern, it seems something related to how admin notices are converted to block messages.
This problem was also (is, but will soon be solved) present in WPML:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/block-editor-shows-error-message-that-javascript-is-required/

I have reported this as well for Toolset Types (Post Relationship Metabox) so we can fix it.
There should not be anything "not working", it's just the confusing message.

Please let me know in case that's not like that on your end.

Hi Beda– Yes, exactly; it is just a confusing message I noticed, and wanted to let you know about it. Thanks!

I forgot I could still write a final response if I choose that the issue was resolved. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.