Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Blank Page When Trying To Edit Content Template

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by robbieL 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
content_template_error.jpg

I am trying to: Edit a content template

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: A page allowing me to edit / create a content template

Instead, I got: A blank page with only the heading "Edit Content Template" and a "Save all sections at once" button

I've had this problem on both an XAMPP local server and my live server, the live version was a fresh install with no plugins other than toolset and the Customizr theme, I've tried using the standard WordPress Themes and this has made no difference. I've also enabled debugging and whilst the live server doesn't show any errors the local version displayed something similar to this once but never again.

"Fatal error: Call to a member function filter() on boolean in /wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/classes/wpv-content-template-embedded.class.php on line 70"

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Liam

It is not something I am able to reproduce and is the kind of thing we would expect to see a lot of tickets about if I were.

Couple of things. You have checked your debug logs, are you seeing any JS errors in the browser console when you try to edit a content template?

This is perhaps not relevant if you are experiencing the same thing on two different environments, but can you be sure to clear any caching you may be running on your site.

And can you clear your browser cache? (If you use Chrome then, with the browser tools open, you can long-click on the reload button and have the option to hard reload and clear caches.)

Let me know about the JS errors and if clearing caches helps. If not I may need to take a copy of your site for testing, but I'll hold off asking for site credentials until I hear back from you.

browser-error.jpg

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 As far as I know there is no caching on either servers, I've also cleared the browser cache and tried two different ones on separate computers and neither display the page correctly - Firefox does show a Java error though, I've attached a screen shot showing this.

Many thanks!

Just a quick update - problem solved 🙂 Not sure why but updating Types to version 2.2.5 though the dashboard this morning seems to have resolved it on both the XAMPP local and live web servers.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Good to know, thanks for the update Liam

I had this same error when trying to create a content template from the edit post screen. I had previously created a template for a post type but then deleted it. Clicked the "create content template" link at the bottom of post screen and got that same error.
When I got to the "content templates" link in the Toolset menu and click "create a new content template" I see that there is an asterisk next to the post type that gave me an error saying there is already a content template in use for that type. But it does not show up in the content template list nor is it in the trash.
My solution was to create a new template for that post type and check the option to add it to the existing list and then delete it and choose to not use any template for that post type. That cleared the asterisk from the type list and I was able to start from scratch.
I had to do this with several types that I had been experimenting with and then deleted. None of them had shown up in trash after deleting so I suspect a server hiccup or something left the delete process incomplete.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.