Skip Navigation

[Resolved] blank page

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

Case 1. Doesn't work with custom templates.

We don't have any specific Access groups. We restrict access to the page A with Access plugin for Guests. And it works.

But, when we are trying to use custom template and show not 404 page, but something different (we wanted to show login page) - we get blank page...

Case 2. Doesn't work with 2 Roles.

We planned to use 2 level access. 1 - Basic level - will have access to the Page A, but won't have access to the page B.

2 - Preimium level - will have access to all pages.

In order to do that we create 2 roles and restrict page access. Basic doesn't have access to the Page B, and Premium - does have access to page B. When Basic user goes to that page - he gets blank page.

But if we delete Premium role - than basic user gets 404 (as supposed to).

Case 3. Doesn't work on specific page elements.

we wanted to restrict specific element on page for Basic users - hidden link but can't find the way to do that.

We have tried, for tests, to restrict content of the page with "access" plugin and got blank page as well...

Dear pauline,

Case 1) I can not duplicate same problem, please correct my if there is any missing, see below test site:
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

1) Create a content template with shortcode [wpv-login-form]:
hidden link
More help for shortcode [wpv-login-form]
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-login-form

2) Create custom user group "test1", disable "Read" ability for "Guest", and show above content template
hidden link
Limiting read access to specific content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/limiting-read-access-specific-content/

3) Create a page and assign it to user group "test1"
hidden link

See the result page:
hidden link
It does show a login form when you are a guest, could you duplicate same problem in above test site.
If you can not too, please try these in your own website:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again
2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy/paste the debug logs here:
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Case 2) I can not duplicate same problem, see the test site:
1) Create two user roles "Basic level"(level 0) and "Preimium level" (level 1)
hidden link

2) Create a content template to show the blank content "blank page template":
hidden link

3) Setup the user group "test1":
hidden link
disable the option for user role "Basic level", and show above content template "blank page template"

4) Create a page, and assign it to user group "test1",
hidden link

5) View above page with a user of user role "Basic level":
hidden link
user/pass: xgrentest/111111
And it does correct show the content from "blank page template", and I tried delete the user role "Preimium level", it works same too.

Case 3) I suggest you check these:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, especially the Access plugin,
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again
and you need to follow our document to setup the those settings:
Access Control for Contents Inside Page Content
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

err-32.JPG
err-31.JPG

In the second case I did so(i am simple user- "housewife"):
- i go to the site hidden link
- then click in menu link "page B" and i see login form that is right
- then i enter name and password click "LOG IN" and i wait to see "page B" (in Content Template "blank page template") , but i see
"You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
I understand that if you enter the page address in the address bar - all will be ok, but i am a "housewife", i am not web-developer.
About case 1 i write some late.

You can specific the redirect URL in your own website, for example:
[wpv-login-form redirect_url="[wpv-post-url]"]
It will be able to redirect the user to current post URL after the user login your website
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-login-form
attributes:
redirect_url (opt):
Any absolute URL.
If redirect_url attribute is set, visitors will be redirected to the specified URL after they log in. The URL used must be an absolute URL.

err-37.JPG
err-36.JPG
err-35.JPG
err-34.JPG
err-33.JPG

Hello Luo,
thank you for quick antwort, for the link for redirect_url. But but my plugin still displays the restricted pages for the user of basic level.
I noticed that the use of templates on your and on my site has a different display. See screenshoots.
Maybe I need to manually update the plugin?

err-40.jpg
err-41.JPG
err-39.JPG
err-38.JPG

another addition:
The page I'm trying to hide, was built using Toolset Layout. But on your site there is no plugin Layout. Right? Is it important?
i`have disable all plugins exept Toolset
And when i try chose template for archiv page i see that in select the link to template not right without slash.

Q1) for the link for redirect_url. But but my plugin still displays the restricted pages for the user of basic level.
This is abnormal, please try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme and test again.

Q2) The page I'm trying to hide, was built using Toolset Layout. But on your site there is no plugin Layout. Right? Is it important?
Yes, it is not a problem, The Layout plugin will take effect on the area of PHP codes:

<?php
      the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' );
    ?>

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/
And the Views content template only take effect on the area of PHP codes:
the_content();
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_content/

If you need to display the content template in a layout, please create a content template in your layout, and put the Views shortcode into it:
for example:
[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, and deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset start theme and test again.

Hello Luo,

that still doesn't help much...
I can see, that previously you have fixed some issues with Visual Composer. Is there a way we can securely send you access to the dev instance, so you could check it and test it out?

Q1) that still doesn't help much...
As you can see in the test site:
hidden link
Since you did not duplicate same problem in above test site, I am not sure what is the problem source of your own website, please try this:
1) make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins,
2) Deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme,
3) if the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, and the content template URLs, I need a live website to test and debug.

For you another question " some issues with Visual Composer", please create another thread for it, this will help other users to find the answer. thanks

Thanks for the details, I can login your website, but I am not sure where should I check, could youpoint out the problem page URL and layout URL, and the content template URLs?

What is the key you mean?
If it is Toolset key, I can see you have already registered the key here:
hidden link

pic 2.JPG
pic 1.JPG

We have two levels of access: Teachers (user: test, pwd -
987asd) and Premium ( user: tim, pwd - 987asd)

Teachers should have access to pages like hidden link
hidden link

Those are post type - Levels (hidden link)

But teachers should not see:
1. Mini Lesson page hidden link
2. Shouldn't have link to pdf here hidden link (hidden link)

Premium users - should see all pages.

We created two custom groups Basic and Premium
hidden link
and gave access to post-type "Levels" for Teachers and Premium users role.

And we gave access to post-type "Mini-lessons" for Premium - hidden link

But user test can still see page
hidden link
"Mini lessons"

Thanks for the detail, I am trying to debug it in your website, will feedback if there is any found

For the problem page:
hidden link

I suggest you try this:
1) Edit the layout:
hidden link
remove the view cell, and edit the visual editor cell, as below:

<h3>Mini-Lessons</h3>
<p>[toolset_access role="Administrator,Premium" operator="allow"]<br />
[wpv-post-body view_template='None']<br />
[/toolset_access]</p>

It will be able to setup this:
Only the admin and Premium user can see the content in post body

2) Edit the page:
hidden link
Put the view shortcode into the content:
[php]
[wpv-view name="ml-on-page"]
[php]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

For the problem page:
hidden link
We repeated the recommended actions
1) Edit the layout
hidden link

<p>[toolset_access role="Administrator,Premium,Teachers" operator="allow"]<br />
[wpv-post-body view_template='level-detail-page']<br />
[/toolset_access]</p>

2) Second step i can`not as while this is not page, this is custom post type (Level)

But our page is no longer displayed at all. Even under the admin.

Second question!

When the user in role Teachers clicked on link
hidden link
I should to show him another templates as usual.

On the page hidden link
i make this, but plugin don`t redirect users!

I assume you are going to display content template "Level Detail Page":
hidden link
Please check it, it is using slug "level-sidebar", so in your layout:
hidden link

the shortcode:
[wpv-post-body view_template='level-detail-page']
Should be:
[wpv-post-body view_template='level-sidebar']

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.