Skip Navigation

[Resolved] BETA version – feature request: Control which fields show in connected CPT

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to control the fields that appear in the Post Relationship editor panel in the new M2M Betas.

Solution: This feature is still under development and will be included in a future beta release.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ScottM9386 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

Really liking the new relationship function.
This may be low on the priority pole, but I wish this feature existed. Maybe it does but I can't find it.
When connecting one CPT to another (that have a relationship) in the post editor, I wish I could control which columns (the fields of the post I'm connecting) show. If the post I'm connecting to has lots of fields with lots of data it becomes incredibly cluttered. My project will (hopefully) have many users. It's useful to be able to view the fields of one post in another, but again, I wish I could control which fields to show, like you can control "which fields should be shown on this post type list as columns" - which controls the columns when viewing all posts of a CPT.

my 2 cents.,.

Thanks!
Best,
Scott.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 3.52.39 PM.png

The fields that appear in the Post Relationship panel of any post editor can be managed from the Post Type editor in the stable version. I'm attaching a screenshot showing where you can make adjustments in the stable version. However, this control must be modified to support the new relationships editors in the beta plugins. From the mockups I've seen, it looks like there will be a small settings menu in the Post Relationship panel that allows you to modify the columns that appear here. Hopefully this will be available soon in an upcoming beta. Thanks for the report!

Ah! That's great!
Thanks Christian!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.