Skip Navigation

[Resolved] best solution for add a shortcode in all pages

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

What is the best solution for add a shortcode that contains a value that can be added to any page of the site?

Solution:

In most theme, there should be a widget can display in all of your website pages, for example WordPress default theme 2020, you can try these:

1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Content Templates, Create a content template "my-ct", display the text and value you want:

https://toolset.com/glossary/template/

2) Dashboard-> Appearance-> Widgets, in the Footer sidebar, you can add a text widget, and display above content template's shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="my-ct"]

Relevant Documentation:

https://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephaneM-4 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

What is the best solution for add a shortcode that contains a value that can be added to any page of the site?

The idea is to duplicate a site and I'd like to change the value so that it changes on all the pages of the site that use the shortcode.

Thanks

Hello,

In most theme, there should be a widget can display in all of your website pages, for example WordPress default theme 2020, you can try these:
1) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Content Templates, Create a content template "my-ct", display the text and value you want:
https://toolset.com/glossary/template/

2) Dashboard-> Appearance-> Widgets, in the Footer sidebar, you can add a text widget, and display above content template's shortcode:
[wpv-post-body view_template="my-ct"]
hidden link

Hello,

I tried your method, it works but the integration of keywords in the text makes a line jump. I would like to add the keywords of the variables in texts that are in all the site.
Do you have a solution that allows you to integrate the keywords directly into the text without skipping lines?

How and where do you setup the "integration of keywords", with custom codes or other plugins? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, I need to test it in my localhost, thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.