Skip Navigation

[Resolved] ? being inserted at the top and bottom of archives template (need to remove)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was using the "Fields and Text" block to display the title and the post body in an archive template.

Solution: Change the "Fields and Text" block with a heading block and a single field block to display the post body.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.


Tell us what you are trying to do?

The Lesson Plan Type archives that I created has two ? that re showing up with each archive entry. I can't figure out why they are being inserted, or how to remove them.

hidden link

Thanks for your help. I have recently migrated to toolset and I am super impressed with both the product and your support. Great Job!



Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support. And Thank you for the kind words.

To better assist with this issue, I'll need to take a closer look at the archive template. Would you allow me temporary access to your website? Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **


Hello, I am sorry I didn't email earlier, hopefully you are not in the middle of helping me. I just finished migrating our site to a new server, and just pointed the domain to the new server a few minutes ago. I would hate for you to log in and end up on our old server.

Since it may take 24 hours for the DNS to update, perhaps it would be best to wait on trying to fix this until the DNS has time to update?

Thanks! Your support is great!


I seems like DNS has been updated now, so please go ahead and log in and look into getting rid of the ? marks when you have time. Thanks for your help.



Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

My apologies for the late reply, but I do not work on Sundays and Mondays.

It seems that you are using a "Fields and Text" block in the archive loop to display the post title and body. Check this screenshot hidden link
I inserted in the loop, a Toolset Heading block to display the title and a Toolset Single Field block to display the body, and the issue was not reproduced. It is probably an edge case that involves Fields and Text blocks and classic blocks(used in the post body). But I was not able to reproduce this issue locally.

I suggest using the Heading and Single field blocks, that's why I removed your "Fields and Text" block. Check this screenshot hidden link

I hope this is a viable solution for you. Let me know if you still need assistance on this.


My issue is resolved now. Thank you!